Photovoltaic power Generation Systems are steadily gaining worldwide momentum as a source of renewable energy. The manufacture of Shinebeam® , a special polyester film developed by Toyobo for solar cell back-sheets, does not involve the use of heavy metal catalysts. This helps reduce the load on the global environment.
- SHINEBEAM® is a PET film developed for PV and is used as a protective film for the back-sheet of PV modules.
- SHINEBEAM® Q1 series are high-transparency films with improved resistance to hydrolysis.
- SHINEBEAM® Q2 series are white, porous films with improved reflectivity and electrical insulation.
- SHINEBEAM® Q3 series are opalescent films with outstanding ultraviolet resistance.
- SHINEBEAM® is a polyester film manufactured without the use of heavy metal catalysts which helps to reduce the impact on the environmental.
For more technical information click here
This film boasts weather resistance that makes it eminently suitable for use as the outer layer of the back-sheet of PV modules. Again, to help reduce the impact of manufacture on the environmental, polymerization is done without the use of a heavy metal catalyst (antimony).
Contact us for more information